Super Quiz: Literature
Take this Super Quiz to a PhD. Score 1 point for each correct answer at the Freshman level, 2 points at the Graduate level and 3 points at the PhD level. Level.
(For example, it is a simple story illustrating a moral or religious lesson. Answer: Parable.)
1. Who was Dr. Henry Jekyll’s alternate personality?
2. Who is the only human in the Winnie the Pooh stories?
3. What was the name of Scarlett O’Hara’s fictional house?
4. Who offered a plate of green eggs and ham?
5. What was the last name of folk-tale collector brothers named Jacob and Wilhelm?
6. Who did “The Man in the Yellow Hat” bring from Africa?
7. The last word of the six-word title of this 2005 novel is “Tattoo.”
8. Which famous detective was created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?
9. The two main characters in this novel are George and Lennie.
10. “What happens to a delayed dream? Does it dry out like _____? “
11. Who wrote the words “Rage, rage, against the dying of the light”?
12. In this 1850 novel, Hester Prynne conceives of a girl through an affair.
13. What was the name of the eponymous “last of the Mohicans”?
14. This character’s four best friends are his horse and monkey and his neighbors Tommy and Annika.
15. This novel by Leo Tolstoy tells the story of the French invasion of Russia.
24 to 30 points – congratulations, doctor; 18 to 23 points – specialized graduate; 13 to 17 points – you are very smart, but not biting; 5 to 12 points – you should really hit the pounds harder; 1 point to 4 points – register immediately for remedial courses; 0 points – who reads the questions to you?
1. Mr. Edward Hyde.
2. Christophe Robin.
6. Curious Georges.
7. “The girl with the dragon tattoo.”
8. Sherlock Holmes.
9. “Of mice and men.”
10. “A raisin in the sun.”
11. Dylan Thomas.
12. “The Scarlet Letter.”
14. Pippi Longstocking.
15. “War and peace.”