Tech for Good Essay Competition on “Shaping the Future of Southeast Asia’s Digital Economy”
Deadline: 24 Oct 22
The Tech For Good Institute invites you to participate in this year’s Tech for Good Essay Competition, themed “Shaping the Future of Southeast Asia’s Digital Economy”.
- The theme of the competition will be “Shaping the Future of Southeast Asia’s Digital Economy”, which invites participants to think critically about the future of the digital economy they will shape, especially as digitization is rapidly transforming Southeast Asia. Participants can view the theme from the perspective of sustainability, trust or equity, although this is not a requirement.
- Applicants are welcome to decide freely on the direction of their essays, but essays must:
- Be aligned with the theme of the Competition;
- Be relevant to the participant’s local context or the Southeast Asian region as a whole; and
- Be evidence-driven.
The following prizes will be awarded to the winners of each category:
- 1st Prize: $1,000
- 2nd Prize: $750
- 3rd Prize: $500
- The competition is free and open to submissions from all young people between the ages of 18 and 35 from Southeast Asia.
- Entries will be ranked and judged based on the following categories
- Category 1: Teknologi Bandung Institute
- Category 2: University Malaya
- Category 3: University of the Philippines
- Category 4: Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Category 5: Chiang Mai University
- Category 6: Vietnam National University
- Category 7: Southeast Asia-Open (for all other participants)
- Applicants for categories 1-6 must currently be studying at the listed universities.
Write an essay of no more than 1,500 words on the digital economy, its challenges, and how its promises can be maximized for the greater good in your country and/or Southeast Asia as a whole. You can view the theme from the perspective of sustainability, trust or fairness, although this is not a requirement
- Essays will be judged on the level of demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the topic, quality of insight, persuasive use of evidence, quality of argument, structure and persuasiveness.
- Essays will be judged by leading academics and business leaders from the region.
For more information, visit https://techforgoodinstitute.org/events/current-initiative/tech-for-good-essay-competition/