The Crestview Library schedule includes poetry readings and recreational farming
CRESTVIEW – The Crestview Public Library, located at 1445 Commerce Drive, has scheduled the activities listed below.
Family Library Time events are:
* Sneak Peek Party, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Friday, September 17. Be the first to see all of the improvements made by the library. There will be s’mores, live music by Rick Sanders, a book read by Ms. Heather; marshmallow “roasted by a campfire”; and interactive animal displays provided by the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission.
* FLT will be at the Crestview Fall Festival on Saturday October 30.
* Touch a Truck is 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, November 13.
* Noel Night is 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Friday, December 17, with music, snacks and more.
All storytime classes start at 10:15 a.m., with registration at 10:00 a.m. for the first 30 children to attend.
Story time for 0-2 year olds is Tuesday in the library’s story room. Older children are welcome.
Story time for 3 to 5 year olds is Wednesday in the story room. It is simultaneous with the 6-11 year old class. Younger siblings can attend if accompanied by an adult, and older children are welcome. All participants should be able to sit quietly. If any children in your group are ready to sit quietly, come to class 0-2, where there is a lot more movement.
Story time for ages 6-11 is Wednesday in the meeting room. It is simultaneous with the 3-5 year old class. Parents and guardians can pick up their children from the meeting room at 11:00 a.m. They can visit once and get a feel for the class. If your child is not comfortable being alone, attend the 3-5 year olds with your child.
Weekly Story Time Themes:
*August. 17-18 health heroes; August 24-25 Pigs; 31 Aug-Sep 1 people working.
*Seven. 7-8 Grandparents – bring biological or honorary grandparents if you wish; September 21-22 Delicious in my stomach; September 28-29 Fall.
*Oct. 5-6 stupid; October 12-13 excursion to Bob Sikes Airport, 5535 John Givens Road; October 19-20 Dinosaurs; October 26-27 Halloween – Wear a non-spooky costume if you like.
*Nov. 2-3 play; November 9-10 Numbers; November 16-17 On the move; November 23-24 Thanksgiving; 30 Nov-Dec 1 variety show.
*Dec. 7-8 Move; December 14-15 Christmas.
Additional library activities
The other library events are:
* Teenage time is 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Fridays for students in Grades 6 to 12. Art is on first Fridays. Videos and board games are on other Fridays.
* The free LEGO game for ages 6-17 is 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. on third Tuesdays in the meeting room with Ms. Olivia.
* An astronomy workshop for ages 9 to adults was 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday.
* Treasure hunts for all ages are organized every month. Find out what is being hunted each month. Then let a front desk librarian know how much you can find for a little treat.
* The library offers Bright Futures volunteer hours for grades 9-12 students. Ask Ms. Sandy or Ms. Ginny for more details.
The hours of operation for the Crestview Library are 10 am to 8 pm Mondays and Tuesdays; from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays; and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday.
Call 850-682-4432 for more information.